Friday, January 27, 2012

Confusing News

My bloodwork came back positive. However, it's a little iffy. While the "yes/no" portion of the test technically says "yes," it's more of a "pretty much." My progesterone is low, and that's what helps sustain a pregnancy. Also, my HCG is only 50. Today is technically 6 days after my missed period. They want the number to be in the neighborhood of 50 on THAT (missed period) day, and then double every 2-3 days after it. But it could have implanted late or something like that. They called in a progesterone prescription for me that I'm taking every 8 hours. However, tonight I started spotting. I called the nurse and she said that it happens in lots of early pregnancies. But my only experience is a bad one, so it wasn't very reassuring. But what she also said that hit hard was that honestly, they can't keep me from losing it. They can beef up my body with meds, but my body has to do the work. I'm so scared. I go back Monday for more bloodwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment