Friday, October 19, 2012

Anatomy Scan

Today was our big 20 week ultrasound. Thankfully, the baby has all the body parts it needs and they all appear to be working properly. We were a little concerned that there was a problem with the heart because the ultrasound tech spent a lot of time there and was making faces at the computer screen, however, it turned out that the baby just wouldn't get in the right position to get the necessary pictures.

For the last couple weeks, people at work have been asking constantly when we were going to find out the gender. It fascinates me that people care so much. I have noticed that the few people I know that are part of the "IF Club" don't ask. They know that it doesn't matter. They know that even the "oh as long as it's healthy!" line is annoying too. Because I wouldn't love the kid any less if it wasn't healthy. We did all the genetic testing and screening not because we would have chosen to end the pregnancy, but to be prepared. When you're used to doctors giving you bad news all the time, you like to go in to things with your eyes open. So honestly, we're just hoping for human. And today's scan told us that's what we are getting!

Today was also the first time I "outed" us on Facebook and Twitter. Yesterday I was able to tell my former boss in person (and she totally wins for best reaction, by the way!) and the last couple friends of my husband were emailed, and that covered our bases for people who would kill us if they found out on FB. I also felt secure enough to share the news after a positive scan. It was scary to do, but I did it anyway. Then 5 minutes later the bleeding was back and I was second guessing my decision!!!! But deep breaths .... we're half way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment