Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fetal Echo

We had a fetal echo done on the baby's heart today. It was recommended after our last scan and the OB said it'd be a good idea since we had to do the rescue ICSI. Since I'm almost at 24 weeks now, if something didn't look right they could start trying to figure out how to fix it. Luckily everything looked ok. I was more stressed about it than I wanted to be. Mostly because if something showed up on this particular scan, it was making me feel as though it was our fault. We knew going in that ICSI had a higher incidence of birth defects, so if one showed up I'd feel selfish for causing it in our desire to have a baby. So now that we've passed the a/s and the f/e without any red flags popping up, I'm feeling a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment