Monday, July 7, 2014

1st Beta - FINALLY

With the old version of the protocol, our clinic did a HCG ("beta") test the day you would be 4 weeks pregnant. In regular people land, that'd be the day you woke up without a period and knew without testing that you were pregnant.

If you did an IUI, that means a 2 week wait. ("2WW")

If you did an IVF cycle, that means a 2WW after retrieval, but less than that after transfer. (Since some of the meeting/growing/etc happened in the lab and not inside you.) With a 5 day transfer, that'd only be 9 days to wait instead of 14! (And less in reality because of the sensitivity of the tests on the market these days.)

But now they do the first test at 4 weeks and 3 days. For my cycle that fell on the 4th of July. They're open every day of the year for important testings, but this isn't considered vital so I had to wait until the long weekend was over.

As a result, my first blood test was a day short of 5 weeks. Last cycle, 2 years ago, my 3rd blood test was as that point!

My HCG was 1600+. (I don't remember the exact number.) Last time it was only 1100+ at this point, so yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment