Friday, January 7, 2011

Spitting For Science

As part of our initial meeting, Dr. K talked about genetic testing.  It isn't a requirement that we do it, but it is a requirement that they mention it.  They start with me, then if I test as a carrier for something, they test him.  It's amazing what they can learn from a vial of spit!  We decided it would be silly to not know, if it's that easy to find out...so today, my spit test came.  I had to spit into a test tube, screw on the top which made some kind of solution mix into the spit, shake it 5 times (not 6, not 4! :) and send it back to to the company.

We had an exciting scavenger hunt through the courthouse area in town - the website said there was a FedEx box at that address with a late pick up time, but it was really well hidden down an exterior corridor and around a corner.  If anyone saw me darting around courthouse square before, I'm sure they were greatly amused at me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment