Monday, March 14, 2011

My Stupid Body

Friday evening, I felt physically ok.  I was grateful that physically it was going to be not so bad.

Saturday morning when I woke up, the pain was unbearable.  It was a combination of the sensation of getting kicked in the groin and an intense version of the monthly pain I've been dealing with for so long.  Not really cramping, just pain.  I gave in and started taking the codeine.  I even had Mike wake me up when he went to bed in the middle of the night so that I wouldn't miss a dose.

Sunday, it was bad enough to make me catch my breath many times.  I had to take the pain pills regularly to even be ok enough to not make my eyes water.  I paged the on-call doc and he gave me permission to alternate between advil & codeine.  For most of the day, it was at least bearable, but later in the evening it turned into extreme cramps and the bleeding increased a lot.

This morning, I started passing lots of clots and there is more blood.  I have to have an ultrasound in a few hours to see if anything is wrong or if they missed anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment