Friday, March 11, 2011

Procedure

I had the d&c procedure today.  We spent several hours at the hospital, most of it in the pre-op department.  They called me to come around 12:45pm but they didn't take me back until 3pm.  I think we left around 4:30.

The nurses with the exception of one were all very nice.  The anesthesiologist gave me zofran so that I wouldn't get sick, and didn't argue with me like some other anesthesiologist have done in the past.  Now that I'm getting to the point that I know the drill with being put to sleep, I know what to ask for.

The one nurse that was not my favorite had an odd reaction to something I felt.  Mike rubbed my arm when he said goodbye, forgetting that I had an IV (protected under tape, but still, I hate the way they feel when they are in, even with the tape holding them down) and I yelped and said STOP!  The nurse said "Really? It hurts that bad just being touched?" But not in a questioning tone of voice, more of a "seriously? wimp much?" tone of voice.  I just said not to worry, I have fibroamyalgia & am just the princess & the pea when it comes to touch sensation.  But I was annoyed that I had to explain myself because seriously.  You're wheeling me into a surgery to take out my dead baby.  Give me a freakin break, lady.

After I got out, I was pretty drunk & loopy.  I was much better than with my bladder test last year when I drunk dialed & slurred my way through conversations with my mom and best friend, but I was still having the same conversations over and over.  I didn't realize it until Mike & his mom outright laughed at me when I asked about my glasses again.

Mike's mom got us some pizza for dinner (Thank you, Zofran, for making food possible!) and then his friends came over to watch TV while I laid on the couch.  It was nice to have some distractions.  I'm glad his friend called and offered to come over, because we wouldn't have asked anyone to do it but it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment