Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back to Shady Grove

Last year around this time, we started our Shady Grove journey. Since then, we have been successful on our own and suffered a loss. After my miscarriage, it took about 6 weeks for my body to get back on cycle. Then they told us to wait 3 cycles for my body to normalize. That put us in late summer before we were even back in the game. We decided not to run right back to the doctor since we were successful on our own, but decided that if November came around and we were still waiting, we were going back.

We're back.

Dr. K. gave us the same speech as last year. Pill IUI, injectable IUI, or IVF. Since my insurance covers 2 IUIs and they are less invasive, that's what we are starting with. I know that Clomid is taken by zillions of people, but it scares the bejeezus out of me. (FYI, bejeezus is recognized by my computer as a real world because it's not underlined in red. Amazing.) I have such a bad history with reactions to medicine. I don't want to fill myself up with all these medicines and then have it cause some kind of issue with me later on. I worry sometimes that all the medicines I took when I was younger and in search of pain free living are what got me here to start with, so adding more medicine to the mix, particularly one that messes with my reproductive system, is scary. But parents of people my age have taken it, so I guess if it was causing lots of diseases or cancers, they would have taken it off the market by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment