Thursday, March 15, 2012

IUI Day

Today was the actual IUI. After all the monitoring, the IUI was like a complete non-event. I honestly can't believe that the insurance company doesn't cover more of these since they really can't cost that much overall. Some ultrasounds, some bloodwork, and one tiny lab procedure. Plus the cost of the turkey baster, I guess. ;) It was actually a really thin straw like thingy.

What kind of stunk was that I was alone. Our appointments were a couple hours apart to give them time to do whatever they have to do to the "sample," so he was already at work by the time I went for my appointment. I laid there, they did their thing for about 30 seconds, and then I stayed for 15 or 20 minutes before heading off to work. I thought they'd send me home to do headstands all day but I was assured that would not increase my chances of working. I'm a little crampy now, but nothing horrible. Now, we wait.

They gave me a HILARIOUS "how to cope" card afterwards. It's terribly hokey and says things like "do something nice for yourself" and "call a good friend." Personally I think they should give you free therapy for 2 weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment