Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trigger Time!

Today's u/s and b/w revealed that I'm finally done cooking. We were given a window of time tonight to do the shot, and then the IUI is Thursday.

Here's the directions: http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/resources/ovidrelpre-filledsyringe.jsp (Click on instructions for use tab in the middle.)

Thoughts that went through my head: "Seriously? You're going to let me stick a needle in my body with just that as guidance? My body isn't as flat as hers and my nails aren't manicured. What if I fail?"

Thoughts that SHOULD have been going through my head: The needle isn't that big. It is very sharp and very skinny.

Reality: I sat down at the table. I used an alcohol swab to wipe off the stomach flub area where it was going. I took the (seriously, small) syringe out of its packet. I breathed deep. Mike laughed at me. (He isn't a needle phobe.) I took the cap off the needle -

AND I LOST MY NERVE.

Once that (seriously people, tiniest needle ever) had the cap off, I couldn't do it. I could not willingly jab the metal into my stomach.

So I squeezed the flub, looked away, squeezed my eyes shut, and let Mike do the shot.

It did not hurt. At all. I'm a wimp. But I'm not of the needle-in-my-flub variety, so I decided to stay that way. With any luck it will never be an issue again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment