Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Post Transfer Stomach Problems


I was supposed to pick my brother up today, but we found a way for my husband to do it, because I am not ready to get up and move around a lot. I have to work tomorrow so there won’t be an option, but I had a really hard night and I am not well. They warned me about gas after the retrieval, but I didn’t know there would be a problem after the transfer. Many of my body systems are messed up after the knock-out meds and all the pills I started taking after that. I had possibly the worst intestinal pains last night I have had in my entire life. I was supposed to not be moving, so I wound up “sleeping” (wasn’t much sleep) on the bathroom floor because I had to get up every 20 minutes and go to the bathroom. It was awful. I did wind up calling the after-hours line and they said I couldn’t take any meds to solve the problem. Oh my goodness. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been that miserable with the exception of my first kidney stone. It’s mostly over now, but my stomach is still not happy with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment