Friday, June 8, 2012

Stims Day 8 - From One shot to Three


Today, I bumped from 1 shot to 3. They had to up my nighttime dosage so that I’m taking 3 tablets of each med, so now that is 2 shots. (I’ve noticed that I’m much better at giving shots on the left side of my belly button. I have lots more knicks, scratches, and marks on the right side. I wonder why?) In addition, I take a morning shot to keep my body from releasing the 7 or 8 eggs that are growing and maturing in there. That shot has its pros and cons. Pro is that it’s pre-filled and ready to go. Con is that it burns like a bugger. I was very aware of the shot location for about 30 minutes after I did it. Youch!

So today was the kids last day of school. I asked to be on the birth control pills for a few extra days so that we could ensure I would be in school today and not at the ER stage yet. It’s still a little iffy whether I will have to miss work on Monday or Tuesday, our professional days. I’m really hoping that ER will be timed for at least Wednesday, but what happens happens. I have not pre-warned the administration because I don’t want to bring it up if I don’t have to, but I spent extra time today making sure my room is ready just in case I don’t get to come back Monday.

Amusing thing – I now have a favorite needle gauge! That is REALLY something I never thought I would say. I’m not positive what the numbers of needle gauges measure, but the bigger the number, the smaller the needle diameter. The pre-filled ones from the IUI months and the morning shot these days are 27s. The night time needles are 30s. The 30s are great because you don’t feel them go in, but they take FOREVER to get the medicine from syringe to body. The hole is SO tiny that you have to push the plunger really slowly. The 27’s are still small enough that they don’t really hurt, but the plunger can move much faster because the meds have a bigger hole to go through. So there you go. All about needle gauges.

Oh, and the giant big one that is waiting for trigger day? That’s a 22. It looks like it’s as big around as a number 2 pencil. (Ok, not really, but it’s HUGE compared to the others. And it’s an inch and a half long instead of a half inch long because it needs to get to muscle instead of flub.

No comments:

Post a Comment