Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stims Day 9 - In The Most Amusing Place


Same dosage for today after my morning monitoring appointment. It was a nice surprise to see my actual doctor this morning at monitoring. Usually it’s random monitoring staff on the weekends, but all the docs take a turn. Since I won’t be triggering today, I will at least get to go to school on Monday. Tuesday isn’t a definite yet.

Fun fact – I have to take this medicine at the same time every day, or as close to that same time as possible. My time is 8pm. Tonight, I had concert tickets to see Kristin Chenowith at the Hippodrome with a friend at 8pm, so I obviously couldn’t be giving myself shots. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do the whole thing by the time I mix and jab both needles. So I talked to the doctor about how big of a window I had and what my evening plans were, and he told me as long as I was within an hour, I’d be ok. So I packed myself a little travel kit and did it in the car, on Redwood Street, around the corner from the Hippodrome, while hoping that the O’s would continue to play extra innings and the fans wouldn’t start streaming by while I was giving myself a shot.

Travel Kit = plastic bin to act as a tray with sides to put in my lap, tiny bag (actually the bag that holds my ipod speakers) to hold needles, meds, gauze, and extras of everything in case I dropped or contaminated something.

I’m a big girl now, for real. I “shot up” in downtown B-more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment