Monday, June 16, 2014

A Day Off

Nothing medical today other than 2 giant antibiotic pills at dinner. Seems weird to not be watching the clock and waiting to take medicine! We think we have tomorrow morning all figured out - to start at 9, we have to arrive by 7:30. There's a parking garage and a walk so we're thinking 7:20 and then working backwards from there including daycare dropoff. So all of a sudden our 9am appointment means waking up at 5. What else to do on your first day of summer vacation? I was sad to be prepping daycare cups of milk and name tags on my first night of summer!

Last time I cycled, this day included a physical. They don't do that anymore for whatever reason, but it was nice to have a day off. My veins are thankful. Tonight I have to either stay up for awhile or set an alarm to get up and drink a bunch of water before midnight when my NPO kicks in. One of those things in my skill set that I wish I didn't know is that it's best to hydrate at the last possible moment to make the IV stick less awful. The bad thing about IV sticks is that they just.keep.going. It isn't just a prick!

This is where everything fell apart last time, so fingers crossed we can get through the next couple days with no drama. And hope for 8+ eggs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment